Rensselaer Auxiliary Services
Terms and conditions of this agreement
All Rensselaer policies and procedures, existing and as changed from time to time, contained in the current Rensselaer Catalog, and other Rensselaer and Student Life publications, including the 2013-2014 price list, are part of this agreement and must be read by all students.
Dining plan terms and conditions
Meals are not served when Rensselaer is not in session, including Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring recesses. Certain dining facilities may be closed during specified periods of the academic year. Between 11:00am and 2:00pm, the Russell Sage Dining Hall is restricted to only Quad, E-Complex, North, BARH, RAHP, Stacwyck, Colonie, and Blitman Commons residents, as well as Polytech Apartments residents. Flex Dollars are allotted by semester and carry over from fall to spring, but end on the last day of the academic calendar and are forfeited thereafter.
- Dining plans are not transferable.
- Dining plans are for the entire academic year.
- Students may not take food out of a contract dining hall, except under conditions specified by the dining hall management.
- Students may sign up for dining plans at any time. Changed will be pro-rated on a weekly basis.
- Daily operating hours vary by dining hall location.
- All sophomores, as well as BARH and Blitman residents, are required to participate in a dining plan.
Dining plan cancellations
Cancellations to the dining plan agreement are very limited and are subject to all of the following:
- There is no penalty for written cancellations delivered to Auxiliary Services before August 26, 2013.
- After August 26, 2013, students cannot cancel their dining agreements for the remainder of the academic year.
Changes in dining plans
Students may increase or decrease the size of their dining plan up until the first Friday after the day classes begin for a particular semester. After this date, only increases will be allowed. Cancellation does not constitute a change.
The following table shows the refunds of dining plan charges for students who withdraw from Rensselaer or take a leave of absence prior to the completion of an academic term.
|Number of weeks|
|Less than one week||0%||100%|
|Less than two weeks||10%||90%|
|Less than three weeks||20%||80%|
|Less than four weeks||30%||70%|
|Less than six weeks||40%||60%|
|Less than seven weeks||50%||50%|
|Less than nine weeks||60%||40%|
|More than nine weeks||100%||0%|